Information Systems (TOIS)
enter search term and/or author name
Presenting your TOIS paper at a SIGIR-sponsored conference (SIGIR, CHIIR, or ICTIR)
- Publishing a TOIS paper in year N triggers an invitation to present at CHIIR, SIGIR or ICTIR in year N+1.
- TOIS authors get invited around late August of year N, which is when the yearly TOIS volume has been set.
- TOIS authors need to provide an indication of their interest to publish by early September in year N and then confirm their interest 1-2 weeks prior to the PC meeting of the preferred conference (year N+1). With this confirmation TOIS authors agree that at least one of the authors of their TOIS paper will (1) register for the conference in due course, (2) attend the conference, (3) and present the paper.
- Presentations of TOIS papers are blended in with regular papers in a session that makes sense from a content-perspective. The presentation has the same length as regular conference paper slots.
- Presentations of TOIS papers are clearly marked as such in the program; PDFs of the TOIS papers are made available along with the regular conference papers but TOIS papers are not republished in the conference proceedings.
- TOIS papers that are revised conference papers are allowed to participate. Authors of such papers are encouraged to highlight the differences with their original conference paper during their presentation.