Transactions on Information Systems
ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS) is a scholarly journal that publishes previously unpublished high-quality scholarly articles in all areas of information retrieval. TOIS is published quarterly.
- Follow TOIS on Twitter @acmtois
- Sign up to receive emails when a new issue is published: Email ToC service
- The RSS feed for the journal: RSS ToC service
February 18, 2015: Contents of Volume 33, Issue 3
- Dynamic User Modeling in Social Media Systems View Submission, Hongzhi Yin, Bin Cui, Ling Chen, Zhiting Hu, Xiaofang Zhou
- Stochastic Query Covering for Fast Approximate Document Retrieval, Aris Anagnostopoulos, Luca Becchetti, Ilaria Bordino, Stefano Leonardi, Ida Mele, Piotr Sankowski
- Induced Sorting Suffixes in External Memory, Ge Nong, Wai Hong Chan, Sheng Qing Hu, Yi Wu
- Browsing Hierarchy Construction by Minimum Evolution, Hui Yang
- Metrics and Algorithms for Routing Questions to User Communities, Aditya Pal
- A General SIMD-based Approach to Accelerating Compression Algorithms, Xin Zhao, Xudong Zhang, Daniel Lemire, Dongdong Shang, Jian-Yun Nie, Hongfei Yan, Ji-Rong Wen
January 2, 2015: Call for papers for Special Issue on Trust and Veracity of Information in Social Media
- We are soliciting submissions to a special issue on Trust and Veracity of Information in Social Media. Deadline: March 24, 2015. Please see this page.
January 1, 2015: Changes to editorial board
- TOIS Welcomes Charles Clarke as an associate editor. He will serve as SIGIR representative on the editorial board.
December 31, 2014: Changes to editorial board
- Starting from 2015, the editorial board for ACM TOIS will consist of 12 associate editors, 6 senior associate editors, a representative for the Information Retrieval Journal and a representative for SIGIR.
- Ricardo Baeza-Yates, Don Metzler, Jamie Teevan, ChengXiang Zhai, Yi Zhang, and Justin Zobel (IRJ representative) are stepping down as associate editors. We thank them for their important service to the journal over the years.
- We welcome Krisztian Balog, Diane Kelly, Qiaozhu Mei, Tetsuya Sakai (IRJ representative), Pavel Serdyukov, and Min Zhang as new associate editors.
December 20, 2014: Contents of Volume 33, Issue 2
- A Comparative Analysis of Interleaving Methods for Aggregated Search, Aleksandr Chuklin, Anne Schuth, Ke Zhou, Maarten de Rijke
- Web Query Reformulation via Joint Modeling of Latent Topic Dependency and Term Context, Lidong Bing, Wai Lam, Tak-Lam Wong, Shoaib Jameel
- TASC: A Transformation-Aware Soft Cascading Approach for Multimodal Video Copy Detection, Yonghong Tian, Mengren Qian, Tiejun Huang
- Two-Stage Document Length Normalization for Information Retrieval, Seung-Hoon Na
- Unsupervised Visual and Textual Information Fusion in CBMIR using Graph based Methods, Julien Ah-Pine, Gabriela Csurka, Stéphane Clinchant
November 27, 2014: Contents of Volume 33, Issue 1
- Overview of the Special Issue on Contextual Search and Recommendation, Paul N. Bennett, Kevyn Collins-Thompson, Diane Kelly, Ryen W. White, Yi Zhang
- Task-based Information Interaction Evaluation: the Viewpoint of Program Theory, Paavo Arvola, Kalervo Jarvelin, Pertti Vakkari, Feza Baskaya, Anni Jarvelin, Jaana Kekalainen, Heikki Keskustalo, Sanna Kumpulainen, Miamaria Saastamoinen, Reijo Savolainen, Eero Sormunen
- User Activity Patterns During Information Search, Michael Cole, Chathra Hendahewa, Nick Belkin, Chirag Shah
- Profile-Based Summarisation for Web Site Navigation, Udo Kruschwitz, Azhar Alhindi, Chris Fox, M-Dyaa Albakour
- Who, Where, When and What: a Non-parametric Bayesian Approach to Context-aware Recommendation and Search for Twitter Users, Gao Cong, Quan Yuan, Kaiqi Zhao, Zongyang Ma, Aixin Sun
October 31, 2014: Volume 32, issue 4 published in the ACM Digital Library
- The fourth and last of issue of volume 32 is available now in the ACM Digital Library. Click here to see more details.
October 12, 2014: ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS) Call for Special Issue Proposals
- ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS) invites proposals for a special issue of the journal devoted to any topic in information retrieval. Click here to see more details.
August 18, 2014: Contents of Volume 32, Issue 4
- Patent Query Formulation by Synthesizing Multiple Sources of Relevance Evidence, Paravz Mahdabi and Fabio Crestani
- Matrix Factorization with Explicit Trust and Distrust Side Information for Improved Social Recommendation, Rana Forsati, Mehrdad Mahdavi, Mehrnoush Shamsfard and Mohamed Sarwat
- Browse-to-Search: Interactive Exploratory Search with Visual Entities, Tao Mei, Shiyang Lu, Wang, Jingdong, Jian Zhang, Zhiyong Wang and Shipeng Li
- Exploiting Representations from Statistical Machine Translation for Cross-Language Information Retrieval, Ferhan Ture and Jimmy Lin
- Understanding Intrinsic Diversity in Web Search: Improving Whole-Session Relevance, Karthik Raman, Paul Bennett and Kevyn Collins-Thompson
- Cache Design of SSD-based Search Engine Architectures: An Experimental Study, Jianguo Wang, Eric Lo, Man Lung Yiu, Jiancong Tong, Gang Wang and Xiaoguang Liu
June 1, 2014: New Editor-in-Chief
The ACM Publications Board has selected Dr. Maarten de Rijke, a Professor of Computer Science at the University of Amsterdam, to be the next Editor-in-Chief of TOIS beginning June 1, 2014.
June 1, 2014: ACM Author Rights Update
New options for ACM authors to manage rights and permissions for their work: ACM introduced a new publishing license agreement, an updated copyright transfer agreement, and a new author-pays option which allows for perpetual open access through the ACM Digital Library. For more information, visit the ACM Author Rights webpage at authors.acm.org
June 1, 2014: Contents of Volume 32, Issue 3
- Topic Modeling for Wikipedia Link Disambiguation, Bradley Skaggs and Lise Getoor
- LCARS: A Spacial Item Recommender System, Hongzhi Yin, Bin Cui, Yizhou Sun, Zhiting Hu, Ling Chen
- Georeferencing Wikipedia documents using data from social media sources, Olivier Van Laere, Steven Schockaert, Vlad Tanasescu, Bart Dhoedt, Christopher B. Jones
- XXS: Efficient XPath Evaluation on Compressed XML Documents, Nieves R. Brisaboa, Ana Cerdeira-Pena, Gonzalo Navarro
- Content-Based Video Copy Detection Benchmarking at TRECVID, George Awad, Paul Over, Wessel Kraaij
- Trust Prediction Via Belief Propagation, Richong Zhang, Yongyi Mao
June 1, 2014: Contents of Volume 32, Issue 2
- Efficient Index-Based Snippet Generation, Hannah Bast, Marjan Celikik
- Modeling Term Associations for Probabilistic Information Retrieval, Jiashu Zhao, Jimmy Xiangji Huang, Zheng Ye
- Social-Sensed Image Search, Peng Cui, Shao-Wei Liu, Wen-Wu Zhu, Huan-Bo Luan, Tat-Seng Chua, Shi-Qiang Yang
- Theoretical, Qualitative and Quantitative Analyses of Small-Document Approaches to Resource Selection, Ilya Markov, Fabio Crestani
Last change: February 18, 2015