Information for Editors
1. Associate Editors
Associate Editors manage the review process for submitted manuscripts. To carry out these responsibilities, Associate Editors typically perform the following duties:
- Identify appropriate referees, secure their agreement to perform reviews, and ensure that the reviews are submitted in a timely manner, and are appropriate for use.
- Ensure that all potential conflicts-of-interest are identified and properly managed.
- Prepare reports summarizing the main findings of the review process for authors and the Editor-in-Chief.
- Recommend the appropriate disposition of the manuscript to the Editor-in-Chief.
- Ensure that the editorial management system contains a complete and accurate record of the status of each manuscript under their control.
2. Senior Associate Editors
Senior Associate Editors are Associate Editors that have been assigned additional responsibilities and duties by the Editor-in-Chief that are substantially above and beyond the typical AE responsibilities and duties. The senior associate editors designation serves to provide recognition of this exceptional level of service and dedication to the publication.
3. Editorial Procedure and Timeline
- Editorial Procedure
- Editor-in-Chief performs admin check and assignment to AE: 3 days
- Associate editor selects, invites and assigns reviewers: 1 week
- Reviewers write reviews: 4 week
- Associate editor formulates recommendation: 1 week
- Editor-in-Chief decides and notifies authors: 3 days
Last change: February 5, 2015